You will need a death certificate to help settle a person's affairs.

 If a person has died by suicide, a final death certificate will not be available until the coroner’s inquiry is completed. Your funeral director can help you get an interim death certificate that will be required at times, e.g. by banks and insurance companies. It is helpful to have several copies made. Copies need to be certified by a Justice of the Peace (JP). You can find a local JP in your area and ask them to certify the documents for you. This service is free.